Where to for the Beef Industry VI
Wednesday 5 October 2016
Alpine Angus is proud to be hosting Where to for the Beef Industry VI in 2016. This free event presents updates in beef production technology and the beef market.
Wednesday 5 October 2016 @ 9:30am – 3:30pm
Alpine Angus selling complex, 1138 Happy Valley Rd, Rosewhite VIC
This is a free event. Bookings are required.
Program of events
- 10.00Jim DelanyWelcome.
- 10.05Dr John Webb Ware, Mackinnon ProjectWhat are the opportunities available to maximise profits in times of high beef prices?
- 10.45Paul Blackshaw, Agriculture Victoria2015–2016 Victorian Livestock Farm Monitor Results – Premier Release!
- 11.30Morning tea
- 12.00Matt Costello, Beef Analyst, RabobankThe Global Beef Perspective.
- 12.45Martin Harmer, PGG Wrightson SeedsGetting the best response out of nitrogen application. New pasture species update.
- 2.00Dr Elsa Glanville, Mackinnon ProjectBloat prevention strategies without bloat capsules.
- 2.20Nutritionist, Castlegate JamesFeeding strategies to finish cattle post pasture dry off.
- 2.45Laura Garland, Agriculture VictoriaCase Study of Pasture Fed Marketing Programs.
- 3.15Panel discussion and close